Becoming Mum #2
With the imminent arrival of a second baby boy I revisited my post Becoming Mum and checked in how do things feel this time round?
- I feel excited/nervous about the birth remembering the painful contractions during labour and immediate joy once Ethan was out.
- I feel I want to make the most of quality time with Ethan and Owain before baby comes out requiring a lot of my attention
- I feel it’s important to rest knowing the sleep interrupted nights around the corner!
- I feel like I may need four arms to carry everything that comes with a baby and a toddler!
- I feel excited to meet our new family member with a deep sense of purpose
Some tips I’ve been paid forward to help transition to life with two under 2:
- Make sure you still give number 1 attention and quality time, their world has changed where as baby #2 knows no different
- Let your toddler pick a toy to give to the baby and have a present from the baby for your toddler that you know they’ll Iike
- Run number 1 wild to keep expending their energy when you do get out 🙂
- Welcome any help offered with open arms – ‘it takes a village to raise a child’
- Make sure you nap or lie down and rest on those rare occasions both are settled!
Some labour mantras that I’ve picked up from friends and family (thank you!) that I thought maybe useful for others with any upcoming physical / mental endurance events!:
- Your body knows what to do
- Carpe diem ‘Seize the day!’
- The pain is in the body not the mind or the breath
- Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success
- Focus, breathe, relax
Love to hear any more wisdom snippets and we’ll keep you posted on any arrival news!
Pingback: Husky Classic Race Report | Dani Matthews